We hope you and your family have been safe over the lockdown period, this is a message to let you know CheckHome is currently taking bookings to start inspecting under level 3, our number one priority is the health & safety of our team and community.
Our team will be taking these measures:
- When an inspection is scheduled our team will check that no one has been sick in the property or is self-isolating.
- When CheckHome sets up an appointment for the inspection we will inform the client-vendor and/or agent and any other occupants – of our team’s requirements to safely undertake the inspection. This will include the need for the house to be vacated by everyone before the interior inspection takes place and the 2-meter physical distancing requirements.
- When we arrive at the property we will make a note of all people onsite on the day of the inspection. This information will help with the “tracking and tracing” process should it be found that someone on-site had been exposed to the COVID-19 virus.
- We will maintain the required physical distancing put in place to stop the spread of the virus – i.e. stay at least 2 meters from any other person.
- Our inspectors will set up all equipment outside of our vehicles, this will be wiped down prior to accessing the property, all disposable PPE equipment will go into a rubbish bag so this can be removed without potentially contaminating your property.
- We will sanitize our hands before and after the inspection, our inspectors will be wearing a mask and using gloves.
- Only the inspector is to be present in the dwelling at the time of inspection, the agent or vendor representative will need to be in their car or leave the property.
Our team is taking this very seriously and will be implementing more systems over the next week.
Inspection types and services we offer during this time:
Full builders report on a property you are interested in buying – part of your due diligence before you make an offer or as a subject of sale.
Full builders report on your property prior to going on the market, providing you with the current condition of the property. This allows any issues or general maintenance found can be rectified and report updated if required. Then passed on to any potential buyers.
- Hand Over reports
Full builders report for new houses that have just been built, we go over the entire dwelling with a fine-tooth comb ensuring everything is at its best and what it should be for a brand new home
- Maintenance Reports
Full builders report on your property to give you a clear idea of what maintenance is required around your home, we provide costs, recommended trades and timelines. You will be able to prioritise those more important jobs and budget accordingly.
- Interior Inspections
An interior inspection is an inspection of the interior only, this is usually done when you are purchasing an apartment unit where the exterior is looked after by a body corporate.
- Healthy Homes
Checkhome has developed a Healthy home report to ensure your rental property complies with the new Healthy Homes standard.
- Defect Reports
Defect reports are completed for clients that feel they are not happy with or have problems with past works that have taken place.
- Commercial inspections
This is exactly like a Pre-purchase report but for Commercial properties, along with qualified inspectors we have licensed electricians and plumbers that help access the properties.
- Building Consultancy
- Insurance assessment inspections
- Asbestos testing